Schools & Nurseries
The Adventure Farm is a fun filled day out for school and groups!
I HEAR AND I FORGET
I SEE AND I THINK ABOUT
I DO AND I REMEMBER.
We are open for School visits all year round in Staffordshire term times *. A visit to the National Forest Adventure Farm can be used as a practical and fun way to teach subjects covered under the National Curriculum.We have a range of pre-planned workshops aimed at Key Stage 1 and 2 which are cross curricular, or you can mix and match to suit the needs of your class. We suggest a pre-visit from teachers to discuss what they want to achieve from the trip so we can be sure to meet your expectations.
All school visits as standard include a tractor and trailer ride, an opportunity to meet and feed the animals, fun in the play barn and outdoor fun fields, plus pre and post visit suggested activities.
Below are examples of our most popular workshops:
- Amazing Animals
- Little Red Hen
- The Hungry Caterpillar / Mini-beasts
- We’re all going on a Bearhunt
- Three Little Pigs
- Healthy Plants, Healthy People”.
- Introduction to French/German at the Farm
- NOW BOOKING! North Pole Adventure …a magical Christmas journey (Weekdays 4/12/2017 – 19/12/2017). Get dressed up and take part in a lively telling of the Nativity Story in the Animal Barn. Then, accessed via a magic portal, enjoy a magical journey through a snowy, wintery world. You are on an expedition to see Santa, but before you reach him, there are wonderful sights to see and activities to get involved in! (£14.50 per child to include quality gift. £5 per accompanying adults in excess of 1:5 ratio allowed free).
Children – from £8.50 per child (excluding Christmas). There is no charge for teachers accompanying the children (at a ratio of 1 teacher to 5 children).
* School and nursery holiday clubs visiting during holiday periods pay the group rate if bringing 12 or more children to us. Please call us and book in for your visit.
Call Cathy on 01283 533 933 for more information, to book in your school or nursery trip and to arrange a free pre-visit to give you familiarity with the site.
Road Closure 11th September onwards until further notice
Please note from the date above, Branston Road between A38 Burton South Exit and Tatenhill village will be closed. Please follow the diversion signs via Burton on Trent. Please allow additional time for your journey. We apologise for any inconvenience.