Opening times
Daily 10am-6pm

Opening times
Daily 10am-6pm

Frequently Asked Questions

When are you open?

We are open 10am – 6pm every date EXCLUDING Christmas Day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

How much does it cost?

Where can I buy tickets?

You can either purchase tickets online in advance of the day by clicking here or pay on the door.

What age is the Adventure Farm suitable for?

The Adventure Farm is suitable for families with children aged 2 – 12. However, older children and adults without children are welcome to visit.

What is the senior citizen age?

60. We may ask for proof (60 is the new 40 after all!)

Do you offer discounts for students, members of the armed forces, NHS employees?

We do not offer discounts for members of these groups.

What documentation is needed to prove disability?

Please bring with you one of the following:
Valid Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter
Valid Personal Independence payment award letter
A current valid Blue Badge
A valid letter from your GP stating the need for a carer dated within the last 6 months.

When is last admission?

We close the doors at 5.30pm and the site closes at 6pm. However, we recommend giving yourself a few hours to fully enjoy the Adventure Farm.

What age can a child visit without a supervising adult?

12. Children 11 or younger must be accompanied by a person aged 16+.

Do you accept school groups and coach groups?

Yes, though please do book in by calling 01283 533 933.

What clothes and footwear should I wear?

Please dress for the weather. There are a lot of outdoor activities so please wear suitable clothes and footwear. Please wear long sleeves, cover legs and tuck in tops in the indoor softplay to help prevent friction burns.

Where are you?

National Forest Adventure Farm
Postern Road
Burton upon Trent
DE13 9SJ

How do I find you? Directions to the Adventure Farm by car.

From the A38 take the Burton South (or Branston) exit. Exit the island at the turning signposted Tatenhill. Follow the road into Tatenhill village. At the crossroads turn right. Continue along the road for about a mile. The National Forest Adventure Farm is on the right hand side of the road.

How do I get to you by Public Transport?

Catch the Number 10 or 810 Midland Classic bus from Burton on Trent from New Street, Bay 3. Get off the bus at the Acorn Inn, Henhurst Hill. The National Forest Adventure Farm is just under half a mile down Postern Road on the left hand side. (Please be aware, there is a short stretch of road to negotiate near the Farm which does not have a footpath on it). Alternatively, the number 403 Midland Classic bus runs between Burton and the Acorn Inn via Queen’s Hospital and Anslow.

Is there a car park?

Yes we have a large free car park with dedicated blue badge spaces if required.

Are dogs allowed on the Farm?

No dogs are allowed on the Farm site except assistance dogs.

Can I buy food and drink at the Adventure Farm?

Yes you can buy food and drink from Scarecrow Joe’s Restaurant all year round. At busier times we may have other food outlets open serving both hot and cold food and ice cream.

Can we bring our own food? Are there picnic areas?

Yes you can bring your own food and we have lots of picnics tables around the site and many under cover in the courtyard area. We ask you NOT to eat picnics in the restaurant.

What time is last orders for food?


What food do you serve, can I see a menu?

We serve a range of hot and cold food from sandwiches, children’s lunch bags to full main meals. We also have coffee shop-style cakes and snacks. We don’t have a printed menu as the food we offer changes every day.

Do you have gluten free, dairy free and nut free food options?

You can purchase another card for £5.00.

Do you serve alcohol?

No and no alcohol is allowed on site. Anyone found with alcohol will be removed from the site.

Where are the toilets?

We have toilets situated in the main building near the indoor play area. At busy times we may have additional toilets around the Farm.

Do you have disabled toilets?

Yes we have a disabled toilet. However we do not have a disabled changing table.

Do you have baby change facilities?

Yes. They are situated in the main building near the indoor play area. At busy times we may have additional baby change facilities around the Farm.

Is the Adventure Farm wheelchair accessible?

Yes we have hard paths all around the Farm. Currently the tractor and trailer ride is not wheelchair accessible but we have plans to make this possible in the coming months.

Do you have a cash point?

Yes, we have a free cash point located in the indoor play area.

Do you have Wi-Fi?

Yes, there is free Wi-Fi at the Adventure Farm.

Do you have lockers?

Yes we have a small number of lockers in the indoor play area. The key deposit is £5.00.

Can I smoke at the Adventure Farm?

Smoking, vaping and e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking area near the Duck Pond.

Do you offer birthday parties at the Adventure Farm?

Can I feed the animals?

Yes but only with food purchased at the Farm. You can purchase food for pigs, sheep, cows, goats and alpaca or food for duck and chickens. Please do not feed the horses, donkeys, reindeer, rabbits or guinea pigs.

Are there places to wash my hands after feeding and touching the animals?

Yes we have hot water handwash stations in the animal barn and the exit of the animal paddocks.

I’m pregnant, why can’t I touch the lambs, goat kids and pregnant sheep?

Lambs, goat kids and ewes that have recently given birth may have bacteria that can potentially harm an unborn child.

What time does the animal barn close?


How much is a membership? What’s included in membership?

If I have forgotten my membership card, can I still visit the Farm?

You must bring your membership card or you will be asked to pay.

What happens if I’ve lost my membership card?

You can purchase another card for £5.00.

Farm Map

Special offers

& the latest news from the farm!
Subscribe to our newsletter

We do not share your data with anyone else, not even the animals. They hate spam!